[IPk] Softset question

I've just had to switch back to Softsets temporarily (I normally use
Silhouettes, haven't used a Softset for nearly 6 years now), and made a bit of
a mistake when inserting the first one.
I inserted it before connecting to the tubing. Which meant that I then had to
prime the tail of the tubing that's attached to the set end of the thing. And
I couldn't remember how many units that requires. I have a vague feeling it's
one unit per inch? I guessed that it would be 4 units in total (including the
needle). Can anyone tell me if I'm right? I guess I will find out in an hour
or so if it seems to be about right or not, but it would be handy to know.
Thanks
Di