Re: [IPk] Re: The Untethered Regimen

Aisling, this is really interesting to me, since Humalog (in me) is
quite slow acting - I find that it deals really well with an 'unhealthy'
high-fat meal (e.g. pringles and sour cream) but is too slow to work
well with a healthy alternative (e.g. potato wedges with salsa).

How do you know that it has this effect?  Is it just in you?

I think, even if there are scientific studies, insulin is so variable
between people, that we are pretty much stuck with taking what the
studies suggest might be a typical response, and experimenting from
there.  I would like to try a continuous bg meter to see if it can
enhance my self-analysis, but have to come up with a research proposal.
I think I've found one, in that my bgs have a binomial distribution:
that is, rather than a bar chart of my results showing a peak (mostly at
one level, and then tailing off higher and lower) it always shows twin
peaks.  I theorise that I have radically different insulin resistance at
different bg levels, so a continuous meter should show that I am pretty
constant and then flip to a higher level once I start to drift up.

How would proving this improve my control?  Any ideas? (I'm assuming
that my research will only be allowed if I can show that it has health
benefits)

Cheers,

Pat
dm 30+, 508 3+