[IPk] funding

Hi June/ Helen/ Adrian

The funding business is a mystery to me; after I asked if i could have a pump,
I had to meet certain criteria i.e. night hypos, brittle diabetes etc, then I
agreed to try lantus for a while, and after there was no change I was referred
to Guy's from Ashford.
I started on the pump at Guy's a few months ago, but was told I would not be
allowed to return to my local clinic in Ashford or I would have to give the
pump back.
No-one seems to be able to explain the politics of all this apart from the
fact that without Professor Pickup I wouldn't have it, yet I believe my PCT in
Ashford pay for it? Confused!
Michele