From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf
Of Diana Maynard
Sent: 12 January 2005 12:58
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] lack of contact Abi's experiences

Err Pat, isn't this a bit of an oversimplification? I think some of the type
IIs would be up in arms about this statement (though luckily for you there
aren't many type IIs on this list, and (I would imagine) no type IIs on diet
alone.

Obviously keeping down total carbs is one factor, but certainly not the only

one. Losing weight is often a vital component, as is keeping BP low
(avoiding
too much salt, high fat foods, too much alcohol, etc.)
Dieticians should be looking at all these factors too.
Di