RE: [IPk] Funding

Hi June / Helen

My old PCT didn't have any Diabetes Clinics (Haringey) so I have always had
my diabetes treated out of area - although out of area in my case was nearer
than a Hospital in the PCT.

I am not certain how the NICE guidelines would help since I believe one of
the stipulations is a trial of Lantus another is an HBA1C above 7.5 or 6.5
with microablbuminurea and I am guessing that your HBA1C is probably better
than this - however I am sure your Diabetes Consultant could find a way to
get funding if he/she is willing, perhaps by manipulation of the wording of
the facts.

Best of luck
Adrian