[IPk] Funding

Hi Helen

Who helps with your pump control.  My local Primary Care Trust does not, I
think, have any clinics for this.  There are very few in the country.  I go
to Guy's, was recommended for the pump by them and they arranged to contact
my local authority to get them to pay.  Since then NICE have said people
should be allowed the pump if they cannot control their diabetes without it,
if they are capable of understanding it and if they want it.  It seems to
come down to what sort of control you have on ordinary injections and I had
to try Lantis before they agreed the pump was the best answer.

Best wishes, June