Re: [IPk] Insulin resistence?

Thinking about the affects of school (UK and US meanings) and work on
insulin needs, I wonder if this is the affect of adrenaline.  I have
just returned from a harrowing week in York - a combination of an
academic conference (alternately boring/frustrating and exhilarating)
with helping a friend with a personal crisis which was very emotional.
So a lot of sitting on chairs, but some trotting between sessions that
normally doesn't happen.  So I switched down to the lowest of my three
patterns (I'm on a 508, so basically I have a 'low', 'medium' and 'high'
setting .... roll on the day I can do percentage changes!).

No good: hypoing out several times, every day.  I have reprogramed the
pump down twice (once during an appalling lecture on archaeological
theory - see, behavioural archaeology _is_ good for something).

I wonder if someone could develop a combined adrenaline and blood
glucose meter: that way, when I've got my new percentage pump, I could
go 'oh, I'm 70 (3.5 in the old money), and my adrenaline is at 120
(something's - don't know what adrenaline is measured in), so not only
do I need to eat 3g of CHO, but I also need to turn my pump down to 60%
and re-measure in an hour or so....

Best wishes to all,

Pat

--