Re: [IPk] lack of contact Abi's experiences

----- Original Message -----
From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 6:16 PM
Subject: [IPk] lack of contact Abi's experiences

>  It is just such a pity that in this country it is still rare to find
> teams working in diabetes care who advocate the advantages of flexible
> insulin management and matching
carbohydrate intake to insulin. We all know it's not absolutely perfect with
no first phase insulin response but we can do a pretty good job of matching
with timing, multiple or extended boluses, analog insulin action etc. My
area is very slow to make change but I'm working hard at it especially with
the problems of lack of funding for education etc.

> Cheers
> Fiona T1 37yrs pump 18mths
Hi

I am new to this list and joined as I am having problems with my pump and
control at present and need to talk to others.  I have had diabetes since
1961 and was taught to use carbohydrates from the beginning.  It is only
recently that I have joined a list a was very surprised to find that this
sort of education is not given.  How do people work out their insulin if
they don't know carbohydrate values?  Why did they dieticians change from
this method?

June