RE: [IPk] No Blind Mice. Thanks To UF Scientists.

Hi Di

Thanks I understand more now.  It certainly doesn't sound a very nice
operation to have.

 My mum had a detached retina two years ago and had a gas bubble placed in
her eye.  They advised her to have it done with local anaesthetic, but she
felt afterwards that she'd wished she's had a general anaesthetic!!  It
worked successfully.  She has also had cataracts removed previously.  Though
she doesn't have diabetes she has always had some sort of problems with her
eyes.  I guess its runs in the family!  That reminds me I must take Sasha
for an eye test sometime soon.

Jackie