Re: [IPk] Re: Terry's weight

email @ redacted writes:

I  reduced down to 11st 7lbs, I'm 5' 6" tall.  My last  hospital said I
should
be no higher than 10st 5lb.  B'mouth say 11st   0lbs

Hi Terry,

B'mouth use the sensible criterion of body mass index (wt in kg/ht in m
 squared) to assess weight. A target weight of 11 st would give you a BMI of
24.9
- under 25 is acceptable, though for diabetics a lower BMI is often
 recommended. I'd aim for 11 stone and see how you look/feel, you could go down
a couple
 of points quite healthily.

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling too well, but there's no doubt that
 your heart/hips/knees etc will thank you for losing weight. And it is good news
to hear that you're able to put on weight when you try to - sudden
 unexplained weight loss or inability to gain weight is always something which
should
be investigated medically - in view of your history.

Hope we can meet up again in March at Lesley's review.

Best wishes,

Mary