Re: Lein Applied Diagnostics was RE: [IPk] New way to test BG (rumour)

I'm intrigued to know how the "big players" in the pharmaceutical
industry respond to this. Contrary to what you might think, pump
companies don't make their money from the sale of pumps: they make it
from the continuing sale of infusion sets. And BG meter makers don't
make money from the sale of meters: they make it from the continuing
sale of test strips. Big money for everyone.

If some tiddling upstart new company comes along offering BG testing
that *doesn't* offer a continuous income in the years ahead, I
promise you the big boys will do all they can to ensure the meter
mysteriously never quite makes it to the market place. And I promise
you there are many things drug companies can do quietly behind the
scenes to ensure a continuing income for their shareholders.

Tough old world eh?

John
--
mailto:email @ redacted