Re: [IPk] Florida

Hi Jo and Denise,

I have travelled across time zones frequently for the past several years.
When I joined this list, I even drove across a the Central/Eastern US time
zone boundary at least once a month to go shopping!

I have found that just resetting the clock on my pump when I reset my
wristwatch upon landing someplace works well for me. If I didn't reset the
pump's clock at that time, I might forget to do it and have my basals at the
wrong times of day, with hypos and high blood sugars as a result.

I found it much trickier to cross time zones when I was on injections. If
Sam is taking Levemir twice daily, it's worth asking the DSN and the
diabetologist what they advise. Of course you should take him to Florida -
you need a good family holiday and he can't be the first child your team's
ever seen travel across time zones! - but you may want to talk about it with
the team a couple of weeks before your trip to make sure Sam won't wind up
off-schedule. You may also want to run the question on the UK CwD list.

Don't worry,

Melissa
Type 1 11+ years; MiniMed pumper 7.5 years; Animas pumper 1 year