Re: [IPk] Insulin resistence?

≥Interesting isn't it? The kids all seem to need less insulin when they're
at
>school than in the holidays (in winter). I always need more insulin when
at
>work than when at home in the holidays! So I have a largely desk-based
job,
>but I still walk around a lot, walk 2 miles to work and 2 miles back, and
>often go out during the day too and walk around. I suppose at home I sit
still
>a lot less, even if I'm only pottering around the house. It must come from
>being an eternal fidget and unable to sit still unless forced to!

Di,
Your day sounds very similar to mine, ie decent length walk to and from
work, but largely sedentary once I’m there. I’m guessing that we all just
move around a lot more than we realise when we’re running around after the
children. It would be fascinating to record tha amount of walking involved
in an average Saturday, say, taking them to and from various activities and
doing household chores as opposed to a working day when I might take
organised exercise in addition to the walking but also spend some 8 hours
in front of a computer…殺俎

Funnily enough I always find mowing the lawn (which takes about 20 minutes)
reduces my sugar levels far more than walking to work (which takes about
the same amount of time). Never have understood why that should be the
case.
Rob

-------------- Confidentiality Notice & Disclaimer -----------------

This document should only be read by those persons to whom it is addressed
and is not intended to be relied upon by any person without subsequent
written confirmation of its contents. Accordingly, our company disclaim all
responsibility and accept no liability (including in negligence) for the
consequences for any person acting, or refraining from acting, on such
information prior to the receipt by those persons of subsequent written
confirmation.

If you have received this E-mail message in error, please notify us
immediately by telephone. Please also destroy and delete the message from
your computer.

distribution and/or publication of this E-mail message is strictly
prohibited.

H Bauer Publishing                 Phone:      +44 (0)20 7241 8000
Academic House                    Web:         www.bauer.co.uk
24-28 Oval Road
London NW1 7DT

www.blackspider.com