RE: [IPk] Insulin resistence?

>They have just been inside the house all the time
>and I have had to make quite big increases in bolus and basal to keep the
BG
>levels within normal levels.  Unfortunately we only seem to have got it
just
>right yesterday and today and they go back to school tomorrow, so we will
>have to drop the insulin back again.

Mir,
Like Jackie, we find we always have to increase Matthew's insulin over the
winter holidays because he's just not outside as much ? conversely on the
long summer evenings, he's always out riding his bike, kicking a ball
around or up at the tennis club (so lots of tests and lots of Capri Sun and
digestive biscuits handy). And like Jackie we've just about got his levels
sorted and it's back to school! Also, although Matt never did have a sweet
tooth, there's no doubt he just eats more in the cold weather and even if
that increased quantity largely takes the form of fruit, he's still eating
more and exercising less ? much like me, in fact!!

Rob (dx 91), dad to Matthew, 8yrs (dx Jan 04)

-------------- Confidentiality Notice & Disclaimer -----------------

This document should only be read by those persons to whom it is addressed
and is not intended to be relied upon by any person without subsequent
written confirmation of its contents. Accordingly, our company disclaim all
responsibility and accept no liability (including in negligence) for the
consequences for any person acting, or refraining from acting, on such
information prior to the receipt by those persons of subsequent written
confirmation.

If you have received this E-mail message in error, please notify us
immediately by telephone. Please also destroy and delete the message from
your computer.

distribution and/or publication of this E-mail message is strictly
prohibited.

H Bauer Publishing                 Phone:      +44 (0)20 7241 8000
Academic House                    Web:         www.bauer.co.uk
24-28 Oval Road
London NW1 7DT

www.blackspider.com