Re: [IPk] Insulin resistance (I am missing something)

Hi Melissa
I wrote you a long reply last night and then my mail crashed so I think it
disappeared into a black hole somewhere...
Anyway, the answer is that you're correct on the first 3 steps. The 4th one is
more complex. Basically if I've gone high (from whatever) I'll have taken more
insulin, and therefore my dose for that day will have been higher, and this
means that I have to increase my basal for the night. It seems that my
overnight basal (and possibly my basal the next day) is affected by the total
amount of insulin I've had during the day. I assume this is because my insulin
  resistance is increased by taking more insulin. I know some people actually
have a sort of sliding scale for this - my method is a bit more crude, but if
I've had over about 30 units during the day I tend to increase my basal at
night. Seems to work for me <shrug>.
Hope that makes more sense.
Di