[IPk] Insulin resistance (I am missing something)

Hi all,

I would have thought that becoming insulin resistant (whether from
growth/stress/sex hormones, or weight gain) would lead to higher bgs rather
than higher bgs leading to insulin resistance. Can someone describe a
mechanism for high bgs causing insulin resistance in type 1 rather than
insulin resistance or insufficiency causing high bgs in type 1?

I learn something new every day!

Melissa