[IPk] DiaPort selection, was Happy New Year

John Neale writes:

> Forgive me if this is an intrusive question, but how/why were you selected
> by Dr Kerr for a DiaPort?

Hi John

Not at all intrusive - some of my church friends wanted to have a look.
They'll have to make do with the picture in the brochure!

I got on the trial by calling John Hughes of Roche/Disetronic to discuss my
infusion site problems.  He gave me the phone number of the DSN at
Bournemouth, where they were (were, not are).  I chatted things over with
her, she thought the port would help me, although they were no longer
actively recruiting for the trial due to minimal success.  She advised me to
ask my consultant to refer me for the diaport only (ie not my regular
diabetes care).  I visited the Bournemouth clinic and saw the DSN and Dr
Kerr, who examined me and went through the options currently available.
Over the next few days I called a successful DiaPort patient (one of two)
and decided to go ahead with the port, and the rest is history!

HTH, and if anyone else is experiencing problems with poor absorption at
numerous sites, this may help.

Best wishes

Lesley