RE: [IPk] Re: Happy New Year

>In summary cost and time.

Anyone would think healthcare in Britain was a government-controlled
charity handout. It's not. We pay for it. Through taxation. The
distribution of the money to different departments/illnesses etc
sometimes beggars belief. If we calmly accept that our diabetes
clinic is inadequately funded, we are adding to the problem. If you
think your diabetes clinic would benefit from having 1 CGMS machine
per 10 patients, rather than 1 per 500 patients that they may have at
the moment, tell them this! Don't just moan to the DNS: write to the
chief executive.

The cost of CGMS machine is little compared with a year's kidney
dialysis, or the amputation and aftercare of a gangrenous foot.

Sorry if I sound a bit grumpy today 8-)

Advance on all fronts!

John
--