Re: [IPk] Re: Happy New Year

My experiences on the CGMS were a bit similar to Lesley's. It was sort of
useful, but I'd really need to use it over a much longer period of time in
order to make use of it as an aid to changing my basals etc. A lot of the time
it was rather unreliable. What it did show me was that there are often
interesting things going on *in between* the BG tests, mainly a lot of ups and
downs even in the course of a couple of hours. e.g if my BG at 8am is 5 and my
BG at 10am is 8, that doesn't mean it's just been going steadily upwards in
that time, it might have gone up to 11, down to 3 and up to 8 again, just in 2
hours. There's a report on my (and others') experiences of the CGMS on the
IP-UK website.....
Di