  From: Lesley Jordan
  To: email @ redacted
  Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 12:44 AM
  Subject: [IPk] Re: Happy New Year

  Adrian Miller writes:

  > Adrian
  > Who almost certainly will be buying a Guardian RT when its released!

  I'm kind of thinking along those lines too, but having seen a rough guide to
  the price, it won't be practicable for day-to-day use.  The system will cost
  around 3k and the sensors around 50 quid each (ie 50 pounds every 3 days).
  However, a single 3 day stint like I did with the CGMS is almost useless.  I
  would need to hook up perhaps constanly while I adjust basals and then again
  maybe twice a month until further basal adjustments become necessary.  My
  pumping experience so far has shown I need to adjust basals every couple of
  months anyway.  Perhaps I'll never be able to afford to run a Guardian RT!

  <end of thinking out loud>

  Cheers

  Lesley
  IDDM 36 years, D-Tron Plus 2 years, Diaport 2 weeks