RE: [IPk] Happy New Year and the birth of Louise Margaret!

Julian,

Congratulations on baby Louise Margaret.  How is your wife doing?

I used to work in neonatal units (research psychologist - don't ask!) but
I'm sure there are other medics/nurses on the list who can advise.

Louise is starting from a pretty good base weight so that will help.

Don't be surprised if she gets a tad jaundiced but that usually clears up
well.

Remember the most important thing is that you are her parents and TLC is
very possible even around all the tubes, monitors, probes etc.  I have lots
of lovely moments on film from my years of working with premies and their
parents so despite all the ups and downs that can happen, there is usually a
good outcome and Louise made it to 32 weeks - thankfully!

Hope her breathing is okay?

If you want to write to me off-list, please do.

All the best

Rhoda