[IPk] Re: Pumping

Frances,
I have had diabetes since 1997, very poor control initially on 4
injections a day, and much better control since starting the pump in
1998. For me, the pump did feel like more work for the first couple of
weeks, but very soon it felt much easier to deal with than injections,
and improved control should also help you feel much better. Since
starting the pump I've had ups and downs of control - the pump isn't
magic, but control has never been as bad as it was for me on
injections.
Good luck
Nanette
>Today i was told that i fit the criteria for a pump, and soon i will
be
put
>onto a 3 month trial to see how i do. i was just wondering if it is
easy to
>get used to and if it is more work than normal injections? i will be
using a
>disetronic D-TRON pump.
>i am almost 18 years old, diabetic since 1996 with very poor control
ever
>since, i am currently on 4 injections a day, combination of humalog
and
>lantus. in my history of being a diabetic i have been on many regimes,

none