Re: [IPk] testing

Hi Abi,

I can see your point about how some type 1s able to manage on 70/30 insulin
and 3 bg tests/day could wind up in diabetes care, but I would guess that
the proportion of such individuals would still be small, as it seems to be
pretty tiny in the general population. There are professional conferences
for people in diabetes research and treatment where they'd wind up
chatting...the person who uses 50 units of Humalog in a pump and tests 7
times every day would have to talk to the person who uses 30 units of 70/30
and tests about half as often...at that rate, the 70/30 person might have to
admit that individuals with type 1 really can have different needs, or the
two would have to duke it out, or so I'd hope! We already know that a fair
few healthcare professionals who don't have diabetes think that we lie,
waste, and cheat; maybe things wouldn't get a whole lot worse if more people
with diabetes were on the inside of the medical world?

Just my $.02 :) ,