[IPk] Type 2s: Atkins: testing etc

Dare I admit I am currently on the Atkins diet, It is a desperate measure
but unlike all of you I am desperatelt overweight AND Type ! (since the age
of 3)-and have had the blood test to prove it (can't remember what it is
called). The Ketosos from lack of CHO (Atkins) is completely different from
Diabetic ketoacidosis-which is completely different condition if untreated
leading to coma and deathit has to be managed medically because often
subcutaneous insulin administered cannot work as the patient is so
dehydrated intravenous fluids are given to mobilise any interstitial insulin
and intravenous insulin is titrated slowly to lower the blood glucose slowly
and prevent other complications occuring so it is  completely different to
the ketones produced by starvation ie sleep fasting etc

Stay in touch with MSN Messenger http://messenger.msn.co.uk