[IPk] Re: Testing

>still I see this could be hard if you are a poor student and have to
rely on
>what the DSN has for freebies. But the drug companies give away so
many I
>can't see why you can't get 2 the same for free

Don't remind about the poor student bit, I've just been discussing my
debt, and its quite scary!!!

I do actually have two Optium meters now. However, regardless of this I
want to hang on to, and be able to get strips for, my Medisense pen.
This remains the smallest meter I have ever seen and is great when I'm
going out with an impossibly tiny handbag. Its also useful to have a
different meter in the event that one type of strips becomes
unavailable for love nor money (which happened to me a couple of years
back with Medisense G2 strips - there was a "supplier problem",

As for getting two the same for free, I think it probably depends on
your clinic. I've never actually asked for a second one the same, but I
have had two separate meters out of mine within the last year. (The
first one was one of those awful (sorry, I just don't like them) Esprit
things that broke within three weeks of hardly any use (which is why I
don't like them))

Caroline Batistoni