From: "Abigail King" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IPk] Testing
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 14:52:16 -0000

Yes, i was bugged by this one at my last medication review. GP was fine,
inpressed by control, asked if I had enough energy, could do the things I
wanted etc(obviously at least realsiing good A1c=increased risk of hypo)Even
asked if I was having enough strips..then said" you are type 2 aren't you"
i'm slim, in late 20s and been on insulin all along. Yes, I know there is a
surge of type 2 in the young, but this is very rare unless in the presence
of obesity. And in my limited experience, very overweight can with
discipline manage to shed some weight but often can't get down to a very
slim build

Do they think that all the kids with type 1 die before the age of 20 and are
reincarnated as type 2? or perhaps we are abducted by aliens...