Re: [IPk] testing

> Maybe diabetes care would improve if more people with diabetes were to
> consider careers in healthcare.... Imagine if almost every DSN who saw
type
> 1s had type 1 personally! What would life be like if more diabetologists
who
> saw type 1s had type 1 themselves? Hmmmmmmmmmmm..

Potential for good, but also for bad
what if they managed to get excellent control on twice daily 30/70 or 4
times daily mdi, with minimal hypos, irregular work pattern and meals, and
on top of that managed to excercise. I can imagine a bunch of unbearable
prigs.....

> By the way, whatever happened to the 'expert patient scheme' thingy? Is
> anyone doing that, or has it vanished?

They probalby do exist. They probably get together and confess that they ate
a square of chocolate last Christmas, or went a week without excercising or
had a lie in. Could be like a flipping AA meeting!!

> Melissa, who would be a DSN if she knew she wouldn't yell at all the type
2s

Hehehe
i'd yell at some of the dieticians for telling them to eat high carb