Re: [IPk] Glargine & NICE

Well, he's only on 8 or 9units a day total and yes his basal rates vary from
0.0 to 0.2. As for the consultant, well yes, Harrogate who look after his
pump treatment are 100% and the other consultant is also supportive (plus we
did try MDI for 12mths with the last HbA1c being 8.7% on the MDI). In
addition we're funding it ourselves so...... I just wondered whether it'll
be an opt out for some consultants.

>From: "Abigail King" <email @ redacted>
>To: <email @ redacted>
>Subject: Re: [IPk] Glargine & NICE
>Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 15:54:42 -0000
> > Does the fact that glargine is not yet licensed for under 18yrs mean
> > option those of us with younger children shouldn't worry about?
> >
>I spoke to the rep who implied that it would get a license soon ( not sure
>how soon)
>Does your son need widely varying basal rates, And is he under a consultant
>with more than just a grudging interest in pump therapy?

Worried what your kids see online? Protect them better with MSN 8