[IPk] NICE Guidelines

I have just perused the Guidelines for CSII. I don;t know if any of the
medics ie Abi and Mary have ever been invokved with trying to implement them
but the obbbstetric ones were extremelt difficult! When we all finally got
together to try to make head or tail of them (great fun consultants arguing
like school boys etc !) we realised that alot of the committee were
retitired consultants  or people not necessarily involved with current
oobsetric practice. I wonder if the same applies to the CSII one although
admittedly they do seem more faniliar and updated with current treatment
than I had expected.
They are suggesting that established users of CSII be trialled back on MDI
or glargine?!? Personally I would kidnap my pump and run away with absolute
terror at the thought. Iremember some years ago being tried on Ultratard
with MDI I dont know if it still exists but I know it was really
unpredictable and very frightening. I gues they needed a professor of
pharmacology of old age on the committee!

Stay in touch with MSN Messenger http://messenger.msn.co.uk