Re: [IPk] Re: various lifespan of insulins

----- Original Message -----
From: Louis Anson <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2003 2:28 AM
Subject: [IPk] Re: various lifespan of insulins

> Abigail,
> what should I say to my friends 14 year old sister - diagnosed a year ago
> still in honeymoon phase, and on Mixtard/Insulatard/Actrapid mixture.
> Well she knows the options are there when she gets sick to the back teeth
of fixed mealtimes or control gets harder
some consultants would not think of MDI for a teenager or would even
dissuade or refuse a conversion if they asked.So it seems at least her team
are reasonably with it
> Oh.... and she wanted to know all about the pump

Well funding would not be forthcoming without trial and failure of mdi.
Nothing to stop her using a pump if she or family are prepared to fund I
suppose. But MDI does to me seem a logical first step due to increased
flexibility and more autonomy over one's insulin/ blood sugars