Re: [IPk] NICE

Hi Mary,

Let me get this straight (I'm preparing for a Thesis Advisory Panel on
the 7th, and am about to go off to Amsterdam for some research next
week, too, so my brain is rather more occupied with making sure I have
the essential laundry done, and trying to write a forward plan which
doesn't use any planning jargon!):

The formal consultees can appeal this, but not joe public?

And IMPUT is a formal consultee?

Who else are formal consultees?

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 1+,
>In a message dated 1/25/2003 9:22:13 AM GMT Standard Time,
>email @ redacted writes:
>> When does the NICE judgement become effective?
>Hi Pat,
>I so agree with your points!
>The document we've been discussing doesn't necessarily yet represent NICE's
>view.  Basically it's a paper, prepared by a subgroup, which is now awaiting
>consideration by NICE.  There's still time to make appeals and change the
>I quote, "The appeal period for this appraisal will close at 5pm on Thursday
>6th February 2003".  I also note that "the formal consultees for this
>appraisal...have 15 working days to consider whether they wish to appeal
>against it.  Subject to any appeal by consultees, the FAD" (- this document
>-) "may be used as the basis for the institute's guidance on the use of the
>appraised technology" (-CSII-) "in the NHS in England and Wales."
>It's all on the NICE site if you want to check it out
>(www.nice.org.uk/Cat.asp?pn=professional&cn=toplevel&ln=en  and then you can
>go from there to the main document if you want).
>So we'd better get going.  INPUT?

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)