Re: [IPk] NICE

In a message dated 1/25/2003 9:22:13 AM GMT Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> When does the NICE judgement become effective?

Hi Pat,

I so agree with your points!

The document we've been discussing doesn't necessarily yet represent NICE's
view.  Basically it's a paper, prepared by a subgroup, which is now awaiting
consideration by NICE.  There's still time to make appeals and change the

I quote, "The appeal period for this appraisal will close at 5pm on Thursday
6th February 2003".  I also note that "the formal consultees for this
appraisal...have 15 working days to consider whether they wish to appeal
against it.  Subject to any appeal by consultees, the FAD" (- this document
-) "may be used as the basis for the institute's guidance on the use of the
appraised technology" (-CSII-) "in the NHS in England and Wales."

It's all on the NICE site if you want to check it out
(www.nice.org.uk/Cat.asp?pn=professional&cn=toplevel&ln=en  and then you can
go from there to the main document if you want).

So we'd better get going.  INPUT?