Re: [IPk] I'm connected!

Hi Karen,

I know what you mean - it used to take me ages to change the set.

For months, and still, very occasionally, I missed the presence of an
injection as part of my going to bed procedures (my husband suggests I
should replace it with remembering to close down my computer ...)

But the pen injections have been very much missed by one of my cats,
Kiwi.  It was part of our morning ritual, I'd get up , sit on the loo to
inject, and place the plastic outer cap on the side of the bath.  She'd
sneak up on it, and chase it into the bath.  She knows the difference
between 'fresh' and 'old' caps, and offered two or three will always
pick out the 'fresh' one to kill first.  Very occasionally we come
across a cap that she secreted somewhere in a hidey hole, and she chirps
with hunter's delight in recognition.

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 1+, owner of Kiwi and Broggy 4+)
In message <004601c2c3c5$2ee81310$email @ redacted>, henn.house
<email @ redacted> writes
>Hi Pat
>I've come to conclusion that changing the infusion set, reservoir and
>everything else, including putting in the reservoir converter is a lot
>easier to deal with when hypo!  I managed all this (except for the
>converter) at the hospital on Tuesday with no problems at all.  However last
>night I decided to quickly change everything before cooking dinner.  What
>felt like hours later I was finally connected again.  Regarding the infusion
>set, I placed last nights at a different angle and spent the rest of the
>evening "playing" with it and was able to take it off, put the cap on, take
>that off and then back on again with no problems at all.  I'm now looking
>forward to Monday and am secretly wondering if I'll "miss" having all those
>injections after so many years!
>(IDDM 25y+ & soon to be a "real" pumper)

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)