Re: [IPk] Blood test preparation

I don't wash my hands, unless I distrust the reading.  I got into this
habit while working in museums, where one must wash hands every time
before touching an object, and every time after touching objects (hands
have nasty oils on them that can harm objects, and objects have nasty
stuff in/on them, such as lead, mercury, pesticides and so on).  I used
an oat-based hand cream from Bodyshop for the after-object washing (and
after-loo washing), but could not use cream after the before-object

On an average day, that would get me up to 12 hand washings .... quite
enough, I thought.

The fact that the meter is between the bathroom and the rest of the
house does mean that I often measure my bgs as I wander past.

On the other hand, I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of
times I've changed a set without washing my hands - all 'emergency'
changes with no access to facilities (I really should put some hand-
wipes in my carry-about bag), or when I was very ill).

Best wishes to all,

(dm 30+, 508 1+, who thinks everyone should practice inserting a set
while looking into a mirror, in case they ever have to change one while
not being able to look down!)
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)