[IPk] Counting carbs

apologies for being rather dim here....

For 100g cooked pasta, the literature tells me this has 25g carbohydrate
(which I give 2.5u bolus for, 10:1 ratio...)

Do you calculate the carbs based on dry weight?  because it seems that most
of the 'counting' books calculate for cooked weight.

Regards..... Louis

(100g of dry pasta = 220g cooked pasta for me, so large difference)

Hi Heather
Well as far as I'm aware pasta doesn't gain or lose carbs when cooked.
So just measure the amount od dry pasta and calculate the carbs.
The weight of the pasta will be different after cooking, and the
carb value will differ, but the absolute value will stay the same.

MSN Messenger - fast, easy and FREE! http://messenger.msn.co.uk