final appraisal determination is now on website
suggests that pump therapy to be used in event of MDI incl glargine failure
established users get funding if return to MDI incl glargine fails or deemed
innapropriate by consultant
NB failure means A1c> 7.5 or ( i particularly dislike the way this is phrased)
unpredictable severe hypos requiring help of others and having adverse effect
on QOL
so if prolonged hypo at exactly the same time everyday, as long as you can
treat it yourself it doesn't count even if you are unwell fro 2-3 hours/
can'tdrive/ excercise/ loose your job?
Then I suppose you could reduce the daily glargine dose and increaseA1c but
would you then be accused of non compliance?
I think we need to appeal and make them put in frequent hypos even if self