email @ redacted writes:

> what I mean is that I cook for eg 350 eg of dry weight pasta with
> a CHO of 260g I then divide it by 5 (for 5 young children - 3 of which are
> mine!). By the time I've then weighed Sam's portion and calculated the
> proportion of the weight of the remainder, the stuff is going cold.

Hi Heather,

That's accurate, but it's causing you a lot of hassle - weighing, presumably
reheating Sam's portion...

For that amount of hassle, and if you're cooking pasta on its own to be
served with something else (as opposed to something like macaroni cheese,
where the pasta is mixed with other stuff), would it be worth cooking a
separate portion for Sam? (OK, you don't want to do anything that singles him
out, but - I can't remember how old Sam is, but younger kids wouldn't notice,
and older kids - particularly boys - wouldn't be in the kitchen anyway...)
Especially if this is a regular fixture.

I do that sometimes, particularly when we have friends round and sorting out
my portion would otherwise be time-consuming or inaccurate.