Re: [IPk] Problems

I know - I know.

Sometimes I just have a rest and let things happen.

Others telling me I'm a hypochondriac doesn't help but I am learning to say
I'm just fine and everything is OK when anyone asks how I am - well I am
trying to.  Going back to the Doctor to restart anti-depressants again and I
think these will help me to conceal my obsessiveness with my diabetes (if I
can hide doing blood tests etc from my friends, being careful not to let
them see me carb counting or taking the numerous pills I need and not
showing how lousy I feel when hypo or hyper).

I play bridge in clubs but recently have found DM a problem there.  I like
to test my BGs at least once (Bridge and hypos don't mix) but have to do
this at the table (not easy to leave the room or you are accused of holding
things up) and recently I have had complaints that I am causing a
distraction.  I thought I was quite discreet about this and quiet, holding
the tester on my knee nearly under the table.  I suppose I had got used to
doing tests whereever I was ie in a Bus cue, park bench etc if I felt the
need or just unsure.  I hate having to go to public loos to do medical
things - it feels so sordid and rather unhygenic.  What do other people do?

There's a book I think called Diabetes Burnout or something like.  It must
be a problem for a lot of people.  I've been in tears when my BG has been
completely wrong for no obvious reason.  Its so hard when you keep on trying
and it rarely goes well or not for several days together.  Also even when I
think things are pretty good I know that to purists my BGs aren't that
marvellous.  One Doctor commented about a reading of 7.4 that it was above
the normal range - I thought it was a lovely result!

But tomorrow I might be refreshed and ready to concentrate (keep quiet about
the effort) and get things right!  Oh don't you feel good when results all
day are acceptable.  It does happen - well for me anyway.  Do you have some
good days?  Can you give yourself a pat on the back sometimes?

The trouble with DM is you can't give up for too long because you end up
feeling so rotten.

Take care