Re: [IPk] basal rates and glargine

This is the type of thin I heard from the diabetologist at Lancaster. With
glargine then there is little need for pumps except in those who are
'allergic' to all types of insulin. It seems they see it as the be all and
end all. But I heard this about the 'human' insulins when they first came
about. And all that happened to me then were severe, (sometimes life
threatening), and very scarey, unpredicatable hypos many times each day, with
no warnings whatsoever. (But this was my fault, of course)! This was
dismissed as a phase of poor control and self monitoring when I eventually
got to see someone about it. (They conveniently 'lost' me off the system at
this time)!