Re: [IPk] Lantus

Hi Melissa..
This is exactly what I've been trying to tell the diabetes team that I see
now. OK, I may be classed as post menopausal...having had a hysterectomy when
I was 29, but my life is most definitely not regular and stable! No two days
are the same and my diet is therefore varied according to this. I work
evenings, 5pm until 7pm, occasionally days too. My E Meal is around 8 -
8.30pm, so that tends to overlap with my glargine shot. They told me to have
a supper snack before bed to try and avert the early hours lows I was
experiencing...but with the e meal being so late (and I do need novorapid
with this) I certainly don't feel like eating again before bed ! eating
before 5 is not possible.  If I cut the glargine I end up high all day or if
I use less novorapid at the e meal I end up high before bed and feel lousy
for some time due to this, although it does settle on its own but will take a
long time to do that.I do get the mid morning rise regardless of how much
novorapid I use at breakfast. Over the yrs, different docs have tried
different methods to try and deal with this or stop it happening, but even on
glargine it goes on. I do feel I would benefit from a pump, but, as I say,
our PCT is so dead against them I don't see it happening regardless of the
NICE report.