Re: [IPk] Problems

> Hi all,
> This is a highly negative message, and I apologise for that. Toady I
> was officially disconnected, because despite the best efforts of
> myself and my diabetes team, including last weekend spent in
> hospital and many hours in my diabetes centre, we have been
> completely unable to gain any sort of reasonable control over my
> diabetes. (Average blood sugar in last two weeks is around 20) I
> think disconnection is probably for the best as I've become so
> disillusioned with the lack of control, and the fact that doses of
> up to 30 units of humalog  at at time are having little impact (30
> units would probably normally kill me), that I've become
> disillusioned with diabetes full stop and I suppose I'm not really
> up for paying the attention required. The reason for coming off the
> pump is to try and get me stabilised, without sending me back into
> DKA.
> Some of you may recall that this is not the first time that this has
> happened to me. What I was really wondering is does this happen to
> anyone else? I've been running basals at up to 5 times the normal
> levels and taking regular (2 hourly) large boluses of humalog, and
> still had high sugars. Surely this can't be normal?
Sounds like you have a problem with Humalog. About 6% of those
surveyed indicate that Humalog does not work properly for them when
using CSII. There are many posts on the subject and I'd suggest you
use the IP search engine on terms "humalog velosulin" in the US list.
If this is the case, you would likely benefit by switching to