Re: [IPk] Funding

Hi Carmel,

I don't suppose you still have the Grasby?  Or a photo of you showing
you wearing it?

I want pictures (and memories) for my website - sadly getting more and
more out of date as I concentrate on other things.  Also I've just
offered a load of kit to the Wellcome Collection at the Science Museum,
and they are reviewing what they have.  I hope that they will come up
with a 'wants list' for equipment used by diabetics in non-clinical
environments, and that I can post it here.

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 1+, museum person 15+)

In message <email @ redacted>, Carmel Matthews
<email @ redacted> writes
>Hi All- Reading the mails it seems that postcode prescribing is a BIG
>issue.in pump funding I know it is not the policy to fund within my area but
>eventually through constant letter writing to everyone I could thimk of -i
>got my point across and my pump is funded until April anyway by the hospital
>I attend. The whole argument by the PCT was that the hospital prescribing
>pump therapy  should pay for the pump. This was an apparent discussion
>between my area (West Herts) and the London NHS Trust so my pump is actually
>funded by some obscure dept who happened to have spare cash this year!!. I
>wonder if this is their downfall, doctors do  not  consider pump therapy
>because they are afraid of the cost and so they constantly repeat
>unjustifiable arguments (which to me is why Diabetes UK seem to ignore pump
>I apologise for ranting again and am off to write to DUK and the PCT re the
>NSF for Diabetes announced Jan 9th which does not mention treatments but
>does mention patient empowerment.
>Type 1 44 yrs used graseby pump in 1980s  508 2yrs
>MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE*.

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)