Re: [IPk] Funding

Hi Carmel

There are several reasons why the NSF doesn't mention specific treatments.
The NSF is designed for the next 10 years and during that time treatment
regimes and options will change, if the NSF referred to specific treatment
regimes and options it may exclude pr Trusts may exclude any treatment
regimes/options that are developed during the next 10 years - as they would
argue that it is not in the NSF.

The NSF does say that the most appropriate treatment regimes/options should
be offered to people with diabetes - or words to that effect.

There was a lot of discussion about this when the NSF was being formulated
to ensure that new regimes would not excluded and also to try ensure people
with diabetes would be given the opportunity to make informed decisions
about the most appropriate treatment regime for them as individuals.

It will be interesting to see how it works out in practise during the next
10 years

>I apologise for ranting again and am off to write to DUK and the PCT re
>the NSF for Diabetes announced Jan 9th which does not mention treatments
>but does mention patient empowerment.
>Type 1 44 yrs used graseby pump in 1980s  508 2yrs

Diabetes Insight
mailto:email @ redacted
There are No Problems only Solutions