[IPk] Travel Insurance

I have an annual policy with the whatever-its-name-is-this-month-
Victoria.  It's not loaded for my diabetes - I pay the same as my non-
anything husband.

They have a very sensible attitude to diabetes: what's covered:
Diabetes supplies (strips, insulin, etc. - if it's stolen or lost.  Not
if I forgot to bring enough).
Diabetes emergencies (e.g. treating hyperglycaemia)

What's not covered predictable treatment (e.g. pancreatic transplant,
lazer treatment, etc.).

It's pretty much how they treat my short-sightedness (i.e new glasses if
I loose or break them, but not new glasses just because I find that
things look a bit blurry).

They took a fairly detailed medical history, and I guess the fact that
in over 30 years of dm I've never needed hospital treatment makes me no
more a risk than my husband.

Best wishes to all,

(dm 30+, 508 1+, off to Rome this week!)
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)