Re: [IPk] NICE Funding

>I am having real trouble aquiring funding for the pump my gp is very helpful
>as his wife has diabetes he has written to the local primary care trust but
>they have not responded I live in tiverton devon does anyone from this area
>use the pump and have they got funding.
By 'not responded' do you mean 'not responded positively' or 'not
responded at all'.  If they simply haven't written back, write again,
with a copy of the first letter, noting that two weeks (or however long
have passed, and that you haven't received a reply - mention that it's
probably the Christmas post, etc. etc.).  The PCT will have a policy on
replying to all letters within a number of days (probably 10, but might
be as much as 28.

If they have said 'no', look at the reasons (and if they haven't given
reasons, write back and ask for them.  It is possible to demolish each
of the reasons, until they have to say 'we have decided that saving your
life isn't worth it'.

Good luck!

(dm 30+, 508 1+)
Pat Reynolds