Re: [IPk] RE: Steve and exercise

Hi Steve
Another solution is to leave your insulin completely alone, eat some carb
before you start (as you would on MDI) and see what happens.
If your BG drops or stays the same, then you may be able to replace or
combine eating the carbs with lowering your basal temporarily.
If your BG increases, try no carbs before and leaving your insulin alone.
Then try adding insulin if it still increases (as with beverley).
I find my Bg drops normally, unless stress is involved (e.g. I'm nervous
because I'm competing) in which case my Bg can rise.
If you are reducing your basal, try a reduction of 25 - 50% for moderate
exercise first of all and see what happens. but do it at least half an hour
before you start the exercise.