Re: [IPk] Re: Infusion sets

email @ redacted writes:

> what sort of trouble do you mean regarding disconnecting?    (BG rises or
> problems using the plastic protectors on the tubing/infusion sets?)
> Are Soft-sets inserted at 90 degrees?
Hi Louis,

Re disconnecting - no, I simply can't physically do it.  Problems with
tendons in my right hand (I'm right handed) means it's hard to do fiddly
things - and I just can't disconnect it!  Other half (who tends to open jars
etc for me) could do it but as he works shifts he's usually not around at the
time when I would want to disconnect.

Yes to the Sofset query.  If you're concerned about depth of cannula
insertion, for children and those with less fat, a shorter cannula length is