Re: [IPk] Asthma and Ventolin meds

I use salbutimol and find it doesn't have an impact.

Bgs can go up while fighting an infection and not feeling particularly
bad - and then come down when the symptoms kick in!

Does Beckie still have the earache? I have had it for five weeks now ...
now on the third lot of antibiotics.

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 1+)

In message <email @ redacted>,
Jackie Jacombs <email @ redacted> writes
>Sasha has had high blood sugars (22 mmols) up and down again  yesterday and
>today never under 9 mmols.  She doesn't seem to be feeling ill, just is
>coughing a bit.  She and her twin sister both had asthma when they were 18
>months old.  Beckie   (8yrs non D) still has asthma and is using medication
>for this daily, however the last 3 years Sasha has had no asthma symptoms at
>all.  Apart for the occasional cough with a cold.  On these occasions I have
>given her puffs of ventolin and the coughs had gone without further
>treatment I have rarely had to do this though in 3 years. However I try to
>avoid this as it seems to make her blood sugars rocket.  Does anyone know if
>Ventolin  (Salbutamol Inhaler) can up the blood sugars like this, I know
>that the steroid puffers can do this.  Puzzled.  I have searched the
>internet and cannot find anything.
>Mum of Sasha aged 8 dx 1999, twin sister Rebecca, both coeliac 2001
>Mum also to Danni and Nicola, wife to Terry

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)