Re: [IPk] Moods and moons

Hi Alison

It is all very hard exhausting work sometimes.  I used to feel terrible at
first.  The first year after D if I took her bg at 11.00pm and if it was
high I used to feel terribly depressed and couldn't sleep thinking about all
the dreadful things the high blood sugars were doing.  The clinic wouldn't
prescribe any short acting insulin to treat and we only had mixtard 30 at
the time.  It took me ages to get some Actrapid!!!

I have never noticed any relationship with high or low BG and moon phases.
There is a mother on another list I belong to that swears her childs bg are
influence by the moon cycles.  I personally don't think that the moon has
this effect but it would be difficult to prove one way or another.  Sasha
and Rebecca always seem to be shouting or screaming so its difficult to
experienced this effect.

Has it got any better since pumping?   How does he get on at school with the
pump.  Is he allowed to test in the classroom?

Jackie