[IPk] Food and Drink

> From: John Neale [mailto:email @ redacted]

> What proportion of the population actually eats 5 portions of
> fruit and veg
> a day? Very few is my guess.

I'm never clear what counts as a portion of fruit or veg:

- an orange?
- a glass of orange juice?
- a small glass of freshly squeezed orange juice?

> How many people with long standing Type 1 diabetes kept their bg level
> constantly within normal range (4-8) yesterday? 10? 100? Not
> many more than
> that I suspect. (I'm not talking about all the tests you did, but I'm
> including all the funny ups and downs in between.)
> Basically, the targets we set ourselves are entirely
> different from what we
> actually achieve.

I'd suggest setting targets that are reasonably achievable, and changing
them to maintain motivation.

My target bg range was 3.5-12, where I was hitting 75% of the time, so I've
now tightened it to 3.5-8, which has put me back to 50% :(. More work still
to so.